Sometimes you need a little help from your friends. That’s why we made it easy to share your car. Use the platform to share with the Lynk & Co community members with just a few taps in our mobile app.
The world needs more sharing.
Cars are only in use 4% of the time. The rest of the time, they’re just... sitting there. But, what if we all shared a little more?
Sustainable mobility for all. By sharing cars, we can reduce the number of individual cars on the road and use our urban space more efficiently... because do we really want more parking lots?
Lower costs. Sign up for a membership (without a car) and you’ll only pay when you actually borrow a car. If you’re lending out your car, you can set your own prices and lower your monthly costs.
And of course, with the Lynk & Co sharing platform, it’s super, super simple.
Car sharing is on its way
Want to share your 01 and earn a little extra $$? It’s simple with the Lynk & Co car sharing platform! Be sure to sign up for newsletters and download the Lynk & Co app for notifications when car sharing is launched.
If you have a membership with a car, then you can share it with friends, family, and other members of the Lynk & Co community. You’ll set your own price and schedule so that you can make car sharing work around your life.
Sharing is on its way, but the exact timing will vary depending on where you live. Sign up for our newsletters and download the Lynk & Co app to be notified when car sharing launches near you!
Which Lynk & Co products include car sharing?
Lynk & Co aim to make it as easy as possible to share your car, regardless of how you own it – however there are some differences between products.
If you are the main account holder of a subscription car, this comes bundled with Lynk & Co Insurance and you can use car sharing.
If you are the main owner and have purchased your car via cash/financing and you have opted in to use Lynk & Co Insurance you can use car sharing.
Cash with 3rd party insurance
If you are the main owner and have purchased your car via cash/financing and you have opted to use a separate 3rd party insurance, you must receive written permission from your insurance provider to use car sharing.
If you are a B2B customer, please contact your account manager for more information on B2B sharing offers.
Who can use car sharing?
In order to use the Service as a Lender and to enter a P2P Contract, You as a Lender must:
-have registered Your true identity and home address on the Platform,
-have registered a telephone number where You can be reached on the Platform,
-be 18 (eighteen) years of age or older,
-accept the General Terms,
-be accepted by all Our third-party service providers, such as insurance provider and payment provider,
-not have defaulted or refused to pay any previous payments to Us or another registered User,
-provide true, accurate and complete information about Your Listed Lynk & Co Car(s), and
-not have been object of any substantiated complaints from other Users.
For all terms and conditions, please see the link below.
How does car sharing work?
Lynk & Co offers a car sharing platform that enables members of the Lynk & Co community to hire out their Lynk & Co Car (Lenders) or rent a Lynk & Co Car from (Borrowers). Lender’s and Borrower’s can share cars by using a peer to peer rental agreement (‘P2P Contract’). Lender’s can set their own prices, start/end location and access information. Borrower’s can browse for available cars and send booking requests.
Lender’s can freely accept or reject any booking requests, whatever is convenient.
The entire signup, availability & bookings process is managed via the Lynk & Co App.
How do I sign up?
Signup to use the car sharing platform via the Lynk & Co Mobile app, available for Android and IOS. To complete the car sharing signup process as a Lender you will need:
1.An existing Lynk & Co account with Vehicle Owner privileges.
2.A valid EU driver’s license.
3. Bank account information (bank name/ BIC or SWIFT code/ account number).
Borrow a car.
Don’t need a car of your own, but still want to borrow one sometimes? Download the Lynk & Co app and sign up for a free membership to share.
In order to use the Service as a Borrower and enter a P2P Contract with a Lender, you as a Borrower must:
- have registered on the Platform Your true identity and true home address,
- have registered on the Platform a telephone number where You can be reached,
- be 21 (twenty one) years of age or older
- have held a valid category B driver´s license in the country where the Lynk & Co Car is rented for at least 3 (three) years, as well as any country where You intend to drive the Lynk & Co Car
- not have had Your driver´s license revoked within the last 8 (eight) years,
- not have committed any road traffic offenses leading to (2) two or more additional fines / fees on the Platform within the last 2 (two) years,
- not have been held liable for a road traffic accident in the past 5 (five) years,
- not have defaulted or refused to pay any previous payments to Us or another registered User,
- not have been subject of any substantiated complaints from other Users,
- be accepted by all Our third party service providers such as Insurance Provider and Payment Provider,
- never have had Your car insurance coverage denied or cancelled,
- accept these General Terms,
- be medically fit to drive,
- guarantee to be and remain the sole driver of the Lynk & Co Car for the entire P2P Contract.
To get started download the Lynk & Co mobile app and complete the car sharing signup process which includes ID verification, sign up to Lynk & Co car sharing insurance and setting up a payment method.
What if I have a paper driver’s license?
Unfortunately Lynk & Co does not accept paper driver’s licenses. To use the car sharing features please swap your paper license for a plastic card.